Break the cycle – Fight Bulimia
On the outside you look the same, nobody can guess what you’re hiding. You have gotten so good at deceiving, that sometimes you even fool yourself. But the fact is, your mind has become your own torture chamber.
Bulimia nervosa is an eating disorder as well as a mental condition, which affects not just women but also, increasingly, men. Potential causes:
- Stressful life events.
- Facing bullying and abuse.
- Low self-esteem
- Competitive sports.
- Cultural factors.
If bulimia has been your little secret for a while, you will be familiar with these symptoms :
* Secrecy surrounding eating – the wish to eat in privacy, sneaking to the kitchen in ungodly hours.
* Lack of control – you are unable to stop eating, you get to the point until is has become uncomfortable and feel pain.
* Fasting and over-eating phases. – You have the mentality of ”all or nothing”.
* Excessive exercising – after a meal going straight to working out to the point of almost passing out.
* Puffy cheeks due to repeated vomiting.
* The use of laxatives after eating. Or taking too many diet pills and frequenting sauna ”to sweat it out”.
* Hidden stashes of junk-food.
These are just a few symptoms of bulimia.
It is so hard to reach for help, therefore, we are glad that you have taken the first step, admitting that you have an eating disorder is the hardest stage to conquer. There are many people like yourself, going through the same problem, just the cause may have been different. Traumatic life event, distorted self-image due to media or becoming obsessed with reaching your weight goal as an athlete. No matter who you are, you can change.
Hypnotherapy for eating disorders has become one of the most important tools in recovery with the British Medical Association supporting our approach. Our treatment will work with your mind and subconscious – the main factors stopping you from getting better.
Hypnotherapy for Bulimia session will cover:
* Adam will work with you in uncovering and solving your emotional issues through guided hypnosis to access your subconscious. These may be anything from anxiety issues, depression, relationship issues to loneliness and the feeling of isolation.
* Once the root causes and triggers are uncovered, Adam can start to help you change your thought patterns and behaviour. You will learn how to relax, recognise when you are about to do something harmful and take action to prevent it from happening. You’ll also be taught how to see yourself in a positive light.
* You’ll be taught how to break the binge-and-purge cycle. You’ll learn how to monitor your eating habits and avoid trigger binges.
* You’ll come out of the session feeling refreshed and a sense of security.
If you truly want to change – you can.
Don’t let your mind stop you.
We are here to help.
The Cumberland Hypnotherapy Team